Bespoke Wedding Dresses
Creating that special dress just for you takes a great deal of time and attention to detail. Here at Sue Gilbert Designs we hand create every part of the process including all of the hand drawn patterns..
We can make any wedding dress style and can do so from a picture in a magazine! However you see yourself on your special day we can make that happen for you.
Below are examples of how a dress is created from pattern to creation...
Call us today to discuss your special wedding dress.
Special Design Details
Every dress needs something special whether it's the finishing bow or the beading
we can create any look for you.
Creation of Wedding Dress
1. Sketch of Wedding Dress.
2. From Base size 12 bodice block grade up or down to create clients correct size bodice block.
3. Draw on styling detail on to clients bodice block.
4. Split clients block and create pattern pieces and add seam allowance.
5. Toile (mock-up) garment is created from pattern in calico.
6. Toile is fitted on client and alteration made if required.
7. When fit is correct the main garment is cut out ready for make-up.
8.Make-up of linning with bone casing to give bodice shape and support. Bones inserted into bone casing. Net underskirt added to linning. Some styles will have separate underskirt with hoops in to hold skirt out.
9.Main bodice is made up, then skirt added.
10.Main is attached to linning and any trim detailed added to finish garment.